We’re all facing an uncertain future, but for many employer groups this is a particularly anxious time. We have resources for groups and members, including those members who may be facing job loss and the loss of their employer-sponsored health insurance.
There are affordable, high-quality options available to members beyond COBRA. Families and individuals can enroll in free or low-cost New York state-sponsored health insurance plans—including plans available through Univera Healthcare.
- The Essential Plan, at $0 or $20 a month
- Qualified Health Plans, with premium tax credits for those who qualify
- Medicare plans for those working past age 65
- Other free or low-cost NY State sponsored plans for individuals and children
Two things to keep in mind:
- Employees have 60 days from the date of a qualifying life event (such as job loss or the loss of employer-sponsored health insurance) to enroll in a new plan.
- If there are employees who didn’t have coverage in 2020 (such as part-time employees who didn’t qualify for employer-sponsored coverage), the deadline for the Special Enrollment Period for Qualified Health Plans has been extended until May 15 due to COVID-19.
We’re providing a toolkit for you to help guide your employer groups through the options they may have for their employees. Once downloaded, click on the file that says “Read Me First.”